Today’s reading is the heart and soul of purification. Learn to live today’s reading, and you will be purified.
Here are some key points to remember from today’s reading:
- You must trust Me above all that you think and hear and see. You must put Me above your self and your world. – I cannot tell you the number of times I remembered this idea and followed it in order to let go of something my sense of self clung to. Remembering this gave me the strength and willingness to let go when the resistance to letting go was great.
- The sorting of thoughts is the work that must be done. This is the moment-to-moment choice you must make: Where will you put your faith? – I asked myself this question over and over again during the purification process. “Where will I put my faith? With the teachings and inner guidance or with what I have always believed?” This was a necessary question for me, because if I did not pause to ask this question, the conditioning of prior believing pulled me along with it; but if I paused and asked this question, I found the willingness to make a new and different choice. This is how the brain is reprogrammed, by making appropriate new and different choices consistently.
- Let Me help. Depend on Me. Put yourself in My hands, and I will tell you where to look. – We do not sort thoughts with our habituated, conditioned mind. It would lead us to make the same habituated, conditioned choices. We must lean on intuition to determine the thoughts we are to keep and the thoughts we are to let go of. Knowing is within us, but it isn’t the conditioned mind.
- There is nothing that is to remain hidden in your mind as the work of sorting is done. – I followed this guidance by bringing everything to my journal to be looked at with Holy Spirit. I never hid anything from my journal, no matter how secretive I thought it was and no matter how bad I thought it made me look. You are under no obligation to share your secrets with others, but you must be willing not to hide them from yourself—from the light and love of your awareness and inner clarity—because it is this light that heals and makes them benign.
- I offer more than comfort in a world of fear. – Again, I cannot tell you the number of times I remembered this. I trusted this sentence whenever my sense of self wanted to trust fear. Fear gave the order to ignore intuitive guidance—fear promised I would feel comfortable if I listened to it—but I knew if I listened to fear, I stayed in fear’s world. By listening to it now, I may be comfortable again for a time, but fear will come around again. To transcend fear completely, ignore fear and follow intuition.
NTI Matthew 14 begins by saying:
John the Baptist was beheaded out of fear, and so it is your fear you must be aware of.
In the opening of NTI, we were told that John the Baptist represents conscience. Conscience leads to higher spiritual intuition, which awakens us. It is fair to say that fear will fight intuition for control of our soul (although intuition does not fight back).
When we listen to fear, we repress intuition. When we listen to fear, it is as if intuition is beheaded. If we want to move through purification and awaken to true perception, we need to learn that fear is nothing but emotional energy caused by negative fantasies. It is literally our negative imagination and nothing more than that.
We learn this lesson by choosing not to listen to fear—by following intuition instead—and then by seeing that in the end, everything worked itself out. Fear was and is nothing.
This is why the last line of today’s reading says:
You must choose Me over [fear] to know it is nothing to keep you from Me.
(Consider printing this tip for easy reference later.)