“There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.” Louis L’Amour
Archives for December 2015
True Discernment is an 11-week class that significantly enhances spiritual discernment. The purpose of True Discernment is to help participants become absolutely clear regarding:
- How ideas about self can hinder and help during the awakening process.
- How giving meaning produces both time and the sense of self.
- The usefulness of the following tools: journaling, contemplation, and spiritual aspirations.
- Inquiry practices that are helpful on the path of awakening.
- How inquiry practices expose false beliefs.
- A primary obstacle that can block the helpfulness of inquiry.
- The difference between dishonest and proper use of denial.
- Blocks to absolute love, natural compassion and guiding intuition.
- How to practice forgiveness, hear/intuit inner wisdom and allow the miracle of grace.
- The difference between analysis and inquiry, between beliefs and truth, and between purification and repression.
Two class times to choose from:
Tuesday midday – THIS CLASS IS FULL
Wednesday evenings, 6:30pm-8:30pm Pacific Time, January 6 – March 16 with Jacquelyn Eckert
Cost for this 11-week course is $220.
A workbook and over 30 audios are provided to all class participants.
“Nothing can happen to you unless it is an activity of your own consciousness.” Joel Goldsmith
This class is 3 weeks long.
One strength of Kabbalah is its deep contemplation of the nature of God. Rabbi David Cooper wrote, “The closest we can come to thinking about God is as a process rather than a being. We can think of it as ‘be-ing,’ as verb rather than noun. Perhaps we would understand the process better if we renamed God. We might call It God-ing, a process, rather than God, which suggests a noun.”
Join us in Introduction to Kabbalah, contemplate God with us, and see if some of your concepts do not fall away as you grasp the meaning of Reality.
In this class you will learn:
1. The participant will consider the question “What is God?” deeply from more than one Kabbalistic point of view.
2. The participant will contemplate the Kabbalistic teaching of “ongoing creation” and, with awareness of this spiritual law, determine how he/she wants to live/be.
3. The participant will contemplate and become clear on the difference between spiritual belief and spiritual practice.
Two Classes to Choose From:
~ On Tuesday evenings, January 12 – January 26, 2016 from 7:30pm-9:30pm ET. Homework begins January 6. Facilitator: Jay McCormick.
~On Wednesday mornings, January 13 – January 27, 2016 from 10am – noon ET. Homework begins January 6. Facilitator: Regina Dawn Akers
Cost is $60.
Textbook needed is The Way by Michael Berg.
Class is offered in PalTalk. Familiarity with PalTalk is helpful.
Registration closes on January 5.
For more information on this class, click here.
“If I fear for your welfare, I can’t see how well you are faring.” Byron Katie
“Our loved ones will continue to press every button we have, until we realize what it is that we don’t want to know about ourselves yet. Their job is not to change; their job is to set you free.” Byron Katie
Please take the Quick 10 Question Survey that will be delivered to your inbox on Monday, December 28. If you don’t find it in your inbox, check your Spam or Junk folder to see if it went there.
When you take the survey, you help us decide what new programs to offer in the Awakening Together Sanctuary. You will also have the opportunity to tell us what times are best for you.
The email will provide a link to the survey. It will be most helpful if you complete the survey by Monday, January 4.
The United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has
Formally Recognized Awakening Together as a Church.
Formally Recognized Awakening Together as a Church.
Awakening Together applied for church status under IRS Code 170(b)(1)(a)(i) on December 15, 2014.
In July 2015, we received a letter from the IRS stating that a physical place of worship is required in order for an organization to be classified as a church under the IRS Code. However, this letter was not a final decision. It was a Request for Information. Awakening Together was provided with the opportunity to show that we are a church based on United States law and legal precedent.
Several people participated in creating our response to the IRS, including several members who wrote letters stating that Awakening Together is your church of choice.
On December 15, 2015, the IRS agreed with you by awarding Awakening Together with formal church status.
Thank you to everyone who helped in this process. That includes everyone who currently serves & previously served on our Member Board of Trustees and Board of Directors as well as every member who took the time to write a letter to the IRS on behalf of our application for church status. We appreciate your commitment to our church family!
Topic: Seeing Through the Eyes of Wholeness
Rev. Jacquelyn Eckert spoke on the power of focusing our awareness on the fullness of the moment; not just as a corrective device, but rather as a way of being.
Gloria Wells read from NTI 1 John, Chapter 5.
“If there is no world ‘out there’ what are you reacting to? Ask yourself that question every moment of every day when your peace is disturbed.” Ken Wapnick