Awakening Together is looking for a new Sanctuary Director. The ideal person is enthusiastic about Awakening Together, its purpose, core values, and online Sanctuary. We are looking for someone who is excited to interact with our members, Trustees and staff and motivated to fulfill the Sanctuary Director’s role as a leader in Awakening Together.
- Must be an Awakening Together Minister or willing to complete the Minister Preparation Program and be ordained as an Awakening Together Minister within 36 months of hire.
- Must have confidence with end-user computer software and be willing to learn and master new software with little to no instruction.
- Must be able to work independently including successfully fulfilling job requirements and special assignments with little to no supervision.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work well with others and on teams to include following intuition and participating by offering creative ideas.
- Must maintain a positive and exemplary image to members and the public to include following and administering Awakening Together’s Sanctuary Etiquette with kindness and respect.
- It’s helpful if the candidate has experience with PalTalk, Zoom, WordPress, and/or MailChimp or has transferable skills from experience with similar software programs.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
- Overall responsibility for Awakening Together’s online Sanctuary to include opening and closing the Sanctuary and administering the Sanctuary for effective programing based on the Sanctuary schedule and in harmony with Awakening Together’s Purpose, Core Values and Sanctuary policy.
- Maintains an up-to-date Sanctuary schedule and makes communicative posts about the schedule on the Awakening Together website and on social media.
- Records Sanctuary programs as assigned and posts recordings on the Awakening Together website and YouTube channel. Maintains up-to-date information on all Audio/Video website pages.
- Manages the Awakening Together online radio station including broadcasting live from the Sanctuary and providing inspirational programming whenever the Sanctuary is closed.
- Serves as an effective team member on the Member Board of Trustees and the Leadership Subcommittee.
- With the advice and consent of the Leadership Subcommittee, recruits, trains, schedules and oversees Sanctuary Speakers and Sanctuary Administrators.
- Uses the Sanctuary platform to positively and broadly communicate about Awakening Together, its news and its special events.
- Trouble-shoots technical problems related to the Awakening Together Sanctuary and internet radio station.
This is a part time 30-hour per week position. The Sanctuary Director is supervised by the President-Minister.